Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesdays Treasures

One of the goals I set for myself when I graduated high school was to run a marathon by the time I turned 30. Well, from a high schoolers standpoint, this was an easy goal..."30 is forever away!". Well, the closer I got to 30, the more I realized that it would be a more difficult endeavor than i had first thought, especially after having a child. But, in January of 06, I decided that it would be the year. I was REALLY out of shape and needed to start from scratch. Over the course of a year, I got myself into decent shape. I honestly did not have the time to train for a full marathon, so I amended my goal and decided a 1/2 marathon was good too. Last January (07), I ran my first 1/2 marathon. I even beat my goal time by 3 minutes. I can honestly say it was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Since Critter was due in December, I could not run in again this past January ( I am crazy, just not that crazy!). I do plan on running again in the next one. Each time you finish one of the Rock and Roll marathons, you get an awesome metal. This is the one I recieved, it is hanging on my wall right now. I am planning on getting a nice frame for it one day. Oh, and I made my amended goal, I turn 30 this year.

4 comments:

Joni said...

Nice treasure to share...my husband runs in marathons all the time so I can appreciate the discipline it takes to meet your goal...personally I think it's NUTTY, but I really do admire those who can train so diligently. My hat's off to you ~ and thank you for the watermark info., I'll have to get all that figured out...(sigh).


Have a nice evening ~
Joni

kimberly said...

that was a fun thing to share in, debbie......well, fun for us....a bit more work for you! :) and we will be there the next time!

Brittni said...

Well I hope to go on the crazy wagon and join in the half marathon with you! It would be a great accomplishment for me I know!

Cory said...

Something to definitely be proud of! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! :)