Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesdays Treasurers

I am loving the opportunity to look at my possessions and figure out what I really treasure. I think it is a great way to figure out how much stuff we have that we really do not need! So, here I give you my treasure for the week. This is a ceramic dish that was at my grandma's house while I was growing up. I have no idea how long it was there before I was around. I just know that my grandma had a HUGE sweet tooth and would store candy in this dish. It is made of the type of ceramic that is imposible to keep quiet, so everyone knew if you were trying to sneak candy. I think she did this on purpose, just like keeping the potato chips in a cabinet where pots and pans hung on the door...try to be suble then! I don't keep candy in this yet, but one day i will. It also reminds me of the wonderful pies that she used to make, and I would "help" her. Everyone said that she made the best cherry pies, but since I do not like cherry pie, I loved her apple pies.

I will always treasure the few things that I have from my grandparents, they were such a big part of my life growing up that I love remembering that part of my life.

2 comments:

kimberly said...

such a sweet story, debbie...so nice when you ended up with things that have such sweet memories....i wish that i had been more wise at an earlier age about special momentos.....but i do hold dear all my memories!
have a great day,
kim

Cory said...

It's those little things that we remember the most. My grandma ALWAYS had a candy dish too. That is one thing that I will always remember about my gma. So nice that you have that dish Deb.