Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Today was a day designated to show those in our lives that we love them and appreciate them. While I think that today has become overly commercialized, it is a good reminder to do what we should do daily. We should let our friends and family know how much they mean to us. With a hubby who does what he does for work, I have learned to appreciate today and let him know how much I love him before he walks out the door each day. I hope that I let my friends and family know the same thing. It is easy to assume that they know how we feel. It never hurts to say it anyway. Because has anyone ever said something nice that just makes your day? It is hard to know the impact of the simple things in life. The simple comments are the ones which usually make people's days. The ones that don't take the massive effort and huge credit card bill. The things that you really don't have to think about. They just come naturally. I think that the daily "I love you" and "I appreciate you" mean so much more than the dozen roses once a year. Don't get me wrong, I do love a bouquet of flowers, but I love them more on a different day of the year! :)

So, I guess my point here is, I hope everyone out there got to enjoy today. Whether you spent it wtih friends, family or enjoying some quality personal time, I hope you cherished today for what it is. One more day to smile and look upon the world with fresh eyes. Each day has its ups and downs. I try to end each day realizing what great things happened and what greatness might come tomorrow. This does not always happen or is not always easy, but putting the effort in brings life into perspective.

In case I have not told you, my friends and family, lately...I love you and appreciate the impact you have on my life. Happy Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

hope you had a wonderful day, debbie....love is in the small things, isn't it? heartfelt!