Friday, February 1, 2008

Friends

I have been thinking a great deal about friends lately. Each one in our lives brings such a different perspective. I went for a long time in my life with friends who did not necessarily bring out the best in me. As an adult, I have finally learned to surround myself with people who add something to my life and the lives of my children. I know that I can count on these friends for anything. That is truly an amazing feeling. I love the fact that my daughter is developing friendships which I hope will last her a lifetime. When I was her age, I met a friend I still have to this day. The power of a friend can lift you up from your darkest places and make a bright day even brighter. I am so thankful for the friends that I have in my life. I know that quite a few of my friends have been going through stuggles lately. These have torn at my heart. My prayers have been flowing to each of you daily. Being that I love to fix things, i would love to scoop in and take your pain away. But...as I am remembering from these posts that I have to "let go" and just be there. So, for those of you who might need this ( I don't know of many who don't at some point), I found this poem that struck a cord in my heart. I love you all and am so thankful for each and every person that I can call a friend.

The Gift of an Angel by your side

May you always have an angel by your side ~ Watching out for you in all the things you do~ Reminding you to keep believing in brighter days ~ Finding ways for your wishes and dreams to come true ~ Giving you hope that is as certain as the sun ~ Giving you the strength of serenity as your guide ~ May you always have love and comfort and courage~

And may you always have an angel by your side ~ Someone there to catch you if you fall ~ Encouraging your dreams ~ Inspiring your happiness ~ Holding your hand and helping you through it all ~ In all of our days, our lives are always changing ~ Tears come along as well as smiles ~ Along the raods you travel, may the miles be a thousand times more lovely than lonely ~ May they give you gifts that never, ever end: somone wonderful to love and a dear friend in whom you can confide ~ May you have rainbows after every storm ~ May you have hopes to keep you safe and warm ~

And may you always have an angel by your side ~

~Douglas Pagels

2 comments:

kimberly said...

love your post, debbie....and YOU are someone that so many can depend on for any need whatsoever.....that is truly a friend! thanks so much for caring.

jessamyn said...

i like the idea of angels!:) you, i believe, are an angel of giving.