Friday, February 15, 2008

Being a mom

I swear that being a toddler must be like having split personalities. That is the only thing that makes sense to me. One minute Pumpkin is happy as a clam playing with me, then BAM...I am the worst person in the world. One minute she listens like an angel, the next it is "What did you say, I could not hear you". I thought that these were the years I was looking forward to when she was a teenager, not now. There are many moments of the day when Critter is crying and Pumpkin wants all the attention. I am surprised that I don't have a head of gray hair yet. Then I get reminded of what is wonderful about my job. I get to look at these smiling faces filled with love and trust. They know me. They trust me. They love me. I adore them. How can I not? No one can accurately tell you or make you understand the difficulties in motherhood or parenthood. People do their best to prepare you, but it does not work. Yet, there is no way to accurately let you know how full your heart can be when looking into your children's eyes. It was a tough day today, but I just look at these pictures and know that at the end of the day, I love where I am in life and what I am doing. Plus, I needed to post pictures from Valentine's Day, and this cleared my head as well as got the pictures up here!

I love how they love each other already!
He is our little "Stud Muffin", or maybe it should be "Stud Poundcake"!


I just love her natural exuberance for life and having fun. Man, to be a kid again!

3 comments:

Joni said...

I'm laughing to myself while reading your post...if you begin to want to name the personalities start in the beginning of the alphabet...over time you'll want to discard and rename...the teenage years will put you roughly near the Q-R-S but don't worry my daughter turned 18 in Nov. and we never had to go past W.

Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Kind of creepy stuff I was reading about "Being Cautious" but it does make one think...can't be too careful when it comes to safety. How does one put a watermark on photos?

jessamyn said...

i LOVE that pic of her on the swing! So full of life.
great job with the changes!

Cory said...

Such great spirit captured in these pics! I love it!!!!