Thursday, February 21, 2008

Big news (for us)

Okay, well this is big news in our world. First off the bodily function news. Pumpkin has been wearing underpants at home for about a month now. I have not had the courage to put her in them out of the house mainly because of Critter. But, on Monday she decided she wanted to wear them to her gymnastics class. So, I bit the bullet and let her. She wore them all day without an accident. Then, she did not want to wear a pull up on Tuesday either. So, once again i just went for it. Once again...SUCCESS! So, we are now officially in underwear during waking hours. At least it is only one set of diapers that I need to purchase now. Man, does that feel awesome and sort of sad. Mainly because the other news is that our girl is now signed up for preschool. I fell in love with a program and she will be starting in August, unless we decide to put her in their summer program as well. I just can not believe that she is old enough to go to preschool. She is so excited about it. She is talking about the new friends that she will meet because "My other friends are not going to my school, but that is okay". I am amazed at her comprehension of the world. It seems like yesterday she was the age that Critter is and just discovering the world. Man, they grow up so fast.





I also remember the days when big news was different big news. It had nothing to do with potty training or preschool. It was about job changes, promotions, money stuff. All the things that I thought mattered back then. I think it takes some time in this world to really realize what is important. It is the little things, the friends, the family, the things that make your heart soar with pride or love. With all the changes for Pumpkin, I realize how much change she brought to my life as well. She has helped me find the friends that truly add to my life, she helped me find the balance of my heart, she helped me realize that potty training and preschool are big news worth sharing.





My hubby pointed out to me the other day, that I don't necessarily talk about all the good stuff all the time. I have a tendency to complain to him a lot! :) He made the point how good it is to actually talk about all the good stuff going on. I want to make that effort. I think that is why I might be babbling here a little bit today. There has been a lot of pain in the lives of people I care about. With that, I have been feeling the pain and the downside of life. I need to realize that the feelings that I put out into the world has unknown effects on the lives of others. I might as well put joy out there to try to make the world a little better and possibly put a smile on someones face.



Our big girl!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

congrats for the big news, debbie! :)

and i love the post.....putting good things out into the world....never know how it affects someone...it's hard sometimes to be positive when we don't understand things....but the example that jamie and cory is an amazing one of staying strong and positive even in very hard times....i hope to follow those examples!

Brittni said...

Congratulations on the big accomplishment. She is such a big girl! Hope to see you soon!

Cory said...

Wow such a big girl she is turning into!!!! I can't believe she will be starting pre-school. Congrats on the big girl undies pumpkin :)

jessamyn said...

that IS big news!
and what wonderful thought process...so true! that hubs of yours just might be on to something!:)