Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesdays Treasures

I have dabbled in photography for a few years now. I started taking pictures for friends and family about when Pumpkin was born. It is something I have taught myself and I really enjoy doing. It is something that I can have on the side for myself. I typically save my "earnings" to by Hubby his Christmas and Birthday presents. My point in all of this is how I got this gorgeous piece of handmade glass. A fellow mom friend's husband is an amazing glass artist. I took his head shots for him about a year and a half ago. As a thank you, he gave me this piece. Every time I look at it, I realize the potential that i carry within myself. I realize that no matter how much of a perfectionist that I may be, people do have confidence and faith in me and my work. It really is an amazing feeling.

It is hard to tell, but the swirl of teal is sparkly in the sun. Also, I had a lovely helper today to take pictures, she does not like to be out of pictures when I have the camera out! The opposite of her mommy!

3 comments:

Alyson said...

Beautiful Deb! Maybe you and the little ones can join us on the river next time!

kimberly said...

i LOVE that piece, debbie.....isn't it great to have something to remind us of the potential we posess? probably a wonderful idea to have many...placed in every room! :)

jessamyn said...

i love what this represents for you! that truly is a treasure!