Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A "why again" day

Yesterday was such a great day getting SO much stuff done....and then today happens. I woke this morning after Critter had slept for a little longer than normal and I was FULL of milk. He was not awake yet, so I pumped it out. Yet, I was still really sore. This soreness did not go away, and then the chills, fever, aches and red spots appeared. Yes, those are the signs of a lovely breast infection. For those that don't know or are not keeping count, that would make this my 4th infection in 2 1/2 months! I had one infection with Pumpkin, but this is getting ridiculous with Critter! I mean, look at the kid, there is no doubt he is eating just fine! SO...after playing phone tag with the doctor's office for much of the late morning, they diagnosed me "officially" with another infection. This meant that I spent the next two hours on the phone scheduling a mammogram and ultrasound and then an appointment with a general surgeon. Needless to say, I am a little bit nervous. I am really hoping that all of this says that I am perfectly healthy but am for some reason prone to these infections. I am not over-joyed at the fact that I get to experience a mammogram at 29, especially while nursing and being sore from the infection. Luckily, (I think) they were able to schedule me for tomorrow afternoon. So, at least I do not have to wait too long to get this process going. I just wish I could turn my brain off and internet off until then. There is quite a bit of scary information out there! The good news of the day is that my little Pumpkin has been an angel (so far) and has tried to take care of me for the day. The other good news is that the medicine they gave me this time around is one that I can actually eat with! The last two times, I had medicine that I could not eat for two hours before taking it and an hour after taking it...4 times a day! Talk about making a person want to eat when they can't! So, it was not nearly the relaxing productive day that I had imagined I would have when waking up this morning. I know my body is telling me to slow down, which I have actually been doing. I am just wondering how I can get my little angels to sleep more so I can get a good nights sleep....will have to work on that one.

Please wish me luck tomorrow. I know in my heart that everything is okay. I just want the films to agree and then the surgeon next week to say the same. Considering I am a worry wart, the next week will be a long one :) To leave on a happy note, don't these two just melt your hearts!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. some mommies just seem to be more prone to those frustrating infections....jessie's cousin for one also...i'm sure things are fine....just trying to find what causes these things....
take care!

Jamie said...

Deb, just wanted to add a little reassurance. :) I just had to have my first mammo and ultrasound at 33 due to some lovely issues I was having with my boobies. :)(one specifically). Well, the mammo came back okay, but something was detected in the u/s. I had to go to a surgeon for a second opinion and to be honest I really think it was more of a formality than anything. He told me I had nothing to worry about but I have to go back for a follow-up in 6 months. I'm sensing that they may just be taking every precaution possible and that it's better to be safe than sorry. :) I was told I have to get a mammo every year from now on...lovely! :)
Good luck tomorrow ~ I know everything will be just fine. The actual mammo might be a bit uncomfortable for you though so just expect that. :) You'll do fine!

SelahV said...

Debbie, will be praying for you. May God clear this up and let this experience with the tests be less hazardess to your mind and spirit than you anticipate. selahV

jessamyn said...

i am so sorry about the infection! i hope that you find a restful place in your mind and in your house...and that you are able to fill yourself up with thoughts of health.
much love to you!
please, let me know if i can help with ANYTHING!