Thursday, April 3, 2008

Family Time

We love our family time. With Hubby's crazy work schedule, we don't get as much of it as we would like. Especially since Pumpkin has realized that he is gone a lot. She asks him every day if he has to go to work. I can see that it breaks his heart. Tuesdays are often our family day, but poor Hubby stays up for about 30 hours in order to do it! This past Tuesday we had an awesome family day at the zoo. We had not been since Critter was born. Pumpkin had such a great time talking to the animals and telling us where she wanted to go to next. Critter slept until we had lunch, which was perfect. The animal pictures were picked by Pumpkin to share, they were her favorites for this trip. I am trying desperately to enjoy the beautiful weather before it gets too hot! I think that all four of us really needed this day to relax and just be a family. I just love those days! :)




What better way to relax after a day at the zoo! To quote Pumpkin "I think it is a good idea to make a fort for Daddy to sleep. I know, let me use pillows and books! That is a good idea right Mommy?" Of course I was laughing, said yes, took some pictures, and then told her that we should let Daddy sleep! :)

5 comments:

kimberly said...

sounds like a wonderful family day! i keep thinking the same thing.....enjoy, enjoy.....these beautiful days!
and bless daddy's heart....he probably didn't even feel the tent...books and all! :)

The Tils Family said...

Looks like your family had a great day.

cassie said...

family days are THE BEST! there truly is nothing better. i am glad you got to spend that beautiful time with yours.

Brittni said...

I love getting out as a family! What better way to spend the day! I am glad you had a good time.

Jamie said...

Sounds like a much needed way to spend the day! :) I love going to the zoo ~ I've never had a bad time at the zoo. :)