Thursday, April 17, 2008

Some relief, no real answers

Well, my adventure is over for today. God bless understanding women though. I went to the imaging center and they decided to do my ultrasound first. After looking at it and finding no lumps, absesses, clogged ducts or abnormal tissue, they decided they did not need to put me through the pain of a mammogram. I can not tell you how relieved I was about this. I was dreading it all day. Even the ultrasound was a little painful due to my swelling, I can not even imagine what the mammogram would have felt like. The only reason I would need to go back for one is if the surgical consult decides they need to look at a mammogram as well.
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me. I am relieved that I did not get an answer today because it would most likely not have been anything good. I just hope somewhere someone might have an answer for me. I will just have to figure that one out. At least for today my fever is gone and I am feeling better, and my little girl is still an angel for me! Thank goodness for the little blessings in life and the wonderful women I met today who helped me feel comfortable and did not put me through additional pain!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

that is wonderful, debbie....i couldn't believe they were going to try a mammogram with that soreness! jessie said today, that her cousin (the one i talked about before) told her she had to give up breast feeding this week as this is her fifth infection and he is only about 4 or 5 weeks old....
hope you get relief or find an answer....but so glad it was much better than anticipated!
xo

Jamie said...

I would say you received some good news today! :) No mammo and a clear ultrasound! :) I hope you continue to feel better. :)