Friday, April 11, 2008

Our boy

Critter is already 4 months old! I just can not believe how quick time is flying by. I seem to be taking more of his babyhood in than I did Pumpkin. I think the first time around I was so nervous about everything I did. This time, I am trying to enjoy it all. He really is our big boy. He has almost caught up to his friend Wyatt (who is 10 weeks older!). He is 18 pounds 4 ounces and 27 1/4 inches long. Luckily his growing has slowed down, but he is still our big man. There is no doubt that he likes to eat! It seems early, but he has started rolling over. He is consistently rolling from his tummy to his back and every once in awhile will go from his back to his tummy. The look on his face is just so precious when he does, "Hey, how did that happen!". Pumpkin is so proud of her brother. She likes to sit with me at night and help him roll over and grab at toys. As of now she thinks it is funny when he kicks her or grabs her hair. I am trying to teach her that this is not going to be fun for long...but she is slightly stubborn and wants to do what she wants to do! (Hmmm...wonder where she gets that from!) Critter is such a happy baby. He still loves to get his diaper changed and loves to look at ceiling fans. Pretty much he is a mellow kid, especially compared to Pumpkin. He loves to sit and watch the world. I just wonder how long that will last. It has been an amazing journey so far for our family to grow and find balance. Some days it is there, other days...not so much. It is a daily learning process. I would not change it for anything though. I am trying to cherish each day with these kids. They are only little once. Happy 4 months big man. I love you so much!

3 comments:

jessamyn said...

I'm glad that you are letting yourself soak up the moments! Pretty soon you will be so busy trying to keep up with both of them....

kimberly said...

i can't believe what a little munchkin he is.....and 18 lbs....oh my....i thought wyatt was a big little dude! :)
soak it up, dear girl!
xo

Brittni said...

Wyatt weighed 18lbs 3oz at his 6month apt! I think he has caught up my dear friend! What is amazing is you can still carry him in his car seat!