Friday, April 18, 2008

Far Away Fridays

My far away today is not so far away. We are lucky that both of our parents live close by. My mom's house has been my refuge on weeks that Hubby works a lot or I am sick and need a hand. They live far enough away that I feel like I am getting a mini-vacation. There is something so special about being able to go home again to be taken care of. Even when I am running around after my crazy kids, it is still a break for me. I don't have to worry about laundry, cleaning or all the other "daily" stuff that beckons me at home. It is great since I had the kids (and grew up a bit) I feel closer to my parents than ever. Hubby's parents also live close by, but far enough that it feels like a little vacation for us. We go down their for the day to escape from our "duties". They are also very generous and will watch Pumpkin for us for a weekend if we have plans or they just miss her. She LOVES staying at their house. She gets spoiled rotten down there. She gets to stay up late watching movies and doing all sorts of other things that I do not know about :) Hubby used to do that with his grandparents growing up and it is nice that Pumpkin gets to do the same thing. We are really blessed to have wonderful grandparents for our children.

I appreciate all they do for us. So, these are my (close) far away fridays for today!

3 comments:

kimberly said...

that is a special thing....both sets of grandparents close by....to love and spoil those sweet babes! we are so lucky too....now if we can get cassie and kyle down here! :)
xo

Jamie said...

Grandparents are so much fun! I certainly remember mine growing up. When they would come to visit...I was so excited I could barely stand it! :) I'm glad you and your little ones have such wonderful family!

Brittni said...

Yes it is very nice to have family close enough to lend a helping hand! Great ones at that!