Monday, April 7, 2008

Time Flies

I went for a run this evening and there was a song playing that made me really think. I had been thinking about Critter anyway since he will be four months old tomorrow. I was thinking how blessed I am that my children are happy and healthy. I have started new bedtime rituals with Pumpkin to ensure we keep our connection. But, this song...well it made me think. It is a song by Trace Adkins called " You're Gonna Miss This". It is about wanting to get to that next place in life. When you are a teenager, all you want to be is an adult. When you are starting out on your own, all you want is a bigger place and a better car. When the kids are little, all you want is for them to grow up and do bigger things. Here is the chorus:

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
There are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

For all the craziness in my days, I do stop and look at Pumpkin and wonder where all the time has gone. I already look at Critter and can not believe that four months ago I was still pregnant. So much has happened in these few months. I have a tendancy to want to go go go. I need moments like this evening to make me remember to stop and just enjoy the craziness that is my life. I walked back in the door after my run and saw Hubby tickling Pumpkin and Critter light up when he saw me (but that is because he was hungry!). It was a perfect moment. I hope that you can take the time to enjoy whatever moments in your life that exist that you are gonna miss one day.

Our handsome four month old! Man, I can not believe he is this old already. I will post more later in the week about all he is doing now. I am still just enjoying my moments from this evening. That is his momma smile, special for me! He just melts my heart to mush! :)

2 comments:

Brittni said...

This made me tear up! The first time I heard this song I got emotional also. Time does fly so fast. I find myself waking up in the morning rushing to get some things done, looking at the clock to see when to put Wyatt down for his first nap, then his second nap, and again looking at the clock wishing Cory would come home. He then comes home and the day is over! I need to stop and just enjoy this special time with little Wyatt because it is gone as fast as a blink of an eye. It is something that I constantly need to be reminded of especially when my weeks are so busy!!!! Thank you for the post.

kimberly said...

love the song....and you shared what we all go through! enjoy your blessed day!