Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bubbles make things better!

I have been slacking in the posting department this week. For some reason it has been a tough week for me. I have been struggling with the feeling of not being enough. Not being a good enough mother, wife, friend, woman. I don't know where the feelings come from, but they pop up their ugly heads every once in awhile. I know that part of it is that fact that my camera is acting funny and I had a photo gig yesterday. I never felt comfortable since I had to do everything manually with my camera, and I usually don't work that way. While taking pictures of a 2 year old, it is hard to get all the pictures you want while doing it all by hand. So, when I got home yesterday, I was feeling really down. I had purchased a little while ago this little tiger bubble maker. Pumpkin has been dying to use it, but she knew it was for my photography. Well, I was in the dumps when I got home, so Pumpkin Critter and I went to the backyard to play with bubbles. I forgot how bubbles can lift anyones spirit. It was so much fun and it brought things into perspective. She often does that for me, wonderful kid that she is! I realized both yesterday and while talking with a good friend on Friday, that I just expect too much of myself and don't have enough confidence. I know that the family will be happy with the pictures I took. I know that my kids love me. I know that I am doing the best that I can in this world. Isn't it funny how something as simple as bubbles can bring everything into perspective. I will have to remember that when the nasty little "I'm not good enoughs" come back into my head.
How can this not lift me up!
Critter with his own kind of bubbles! :)

This bubble machine is SO cool! I think we will be going throug a lot more bubbles this summer!

4 comments:

cassie said...

i am glad to hear that you were able to come out of the dumps. sometimes we all go down to the bottom of the ocean - where it is dark and cold (and weird looking animals roam), but when we resurface in the sunlight, things seem to be a little clearer, brighter, and warmer. i am glad your little ones helped you come back to the top. you are an amazing woman!

Joni said...

what's there not to feel confident about? you're beautiful, your kids are beautiful...all should be right with the world...the little bumps (like the camera) in the road are either there for entertainment or for growth and sometimes I think they're interchangable so shrug off those negative feelings and smile...life is good...and bubbles do make it more fun ~

hope you have an extra-special day today!

jessamyn said...

yes, bubbles seem to reshape many a day over at our house.
i am happy to hear that you walked yourself through the difficult wallowies...we all get there.
shine on mama...shine on!

Jamie said...

Oh Deb...we can be so hard on ourselves can't we. :) You are a beautiful, caring, sharing, bright spirit on this earth and don't you ever forget it! :) We are all simply doing the best that we can.