Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A great weekend

We had a great Easter with both sets of grandparents over. It was such a nice relaxing day with family. Pumpkin is still trying to convince us that her Easter candy is a good snack to have during the day. It has not worked yet! The kids and I then spent an even more relaxing two days at my parents house after Easter. Hubby is working crazy hours this week, so it was great for me to get a little bit of a break. I am so thankful that we have so many family members close by to spend time with the kids. It does make for wonderful memories!
We had to get her an Easter bonnet. She wears one each year.
They just melt my heart
Me and the kiddos
She was SO excited to find every one of the eggs. I am very thankful we had the video camera on as well. I think she had as much fun looking for them as she did opening them to find out what was inside!

I just love the back of her dress!


I had to get him in the ears for at least a picture or two. Hubby was in the other room for this though. I think that was best!

Papa started to teach Pumpkin how to fish in their pool. Next time we go up there, he will take her to the park to fish for real. Since she has her mom's coordination, we figured it was best for her to practice with as few people around as possible! :)

She did get the hang of it pretty quick.

4 comments:

cassie said...

i sure don't make it here as often as i would like, but i wanted to say that your easter tradition sounds like so much fun! i love the picture of your little one sitting on the table watching his big sis with his special crown on! what fun to go fishing in the pool...not as slippery or slimey that way. hope all is well with you!

kimberly said...

love all the pictures debbie....and you had me laughing out loud about her coordination and practicing with fewer people around.....i remember our kids getting those hooks in everything and everyone....smart grandpa! love it! and she looks like a pro!

Brittni said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I bought some ears for Wyatt also and Cory didn't appreciate it or think it was as cute as I did. The easter dress is so cute! I think I would be in the poor house if I had a little girl! Love ya.

Jamie said...

Deb, these are so cute! Looks like a really fun easter! :)
I love the one of "pumpkin" sitting on the edge of the pool casting and I love that she's getting to learn this. I always appreciated growing up with my dad teaching us how to fish, and camp and I even went hunting with my dad a few times. It's important for little girls to learn about these things. :)