Friday, March 14, 2008

Far Away Fridays

One of our favorite places to go is San Diego. Hubby and I have been going since we were married. It is close enough to not take too much time to get there by car, yet a completely different place. It has perfect weather all year round and there is so much to do. It is such a great walking city. This time we went I was pregnant with Critter. Luckily not too far along that I was uncomfortable, but far enough along that I really looked pregnant. It was a great family trip that we could give to Pumpkin before her brother was born. We spent a whole week there doing all the things we wanted to. Amazingly enough we only planned two days and left the others up to the last minute, pretty impressive for us! :) We can not wait to go back and let Critter feel the sand between his toes.
We spent a few hours walking around Balboa Park just looking around at everything. Pumpkin got to just walk around and play at a neat playground. As many know, I do not photograph buildings often, but this one called to me. I just loved it. It was under a little bit of construction though, thankfully the tree was there to hide it! This place just reminds me of Europe and I loved it!
We stayed right downtown within walking distance of most things. We walked to Seaport Village often to get food or just look around. There is a GREAT pizza place there if you ever are craving pizza while on the ocean! :) Pumpkin got a kick out of eating while watching the birds and the water.

We spent two awesome days in Sea World. On the rainy morning we had scheduled a breakfast with Shamu. Totally worth it. Pumpkin did not eat much since all she wanted to look at was Shamu. She did not want to leave this area, everytime Shamu swam by she got all excited to talk to him and wave! Hubby and I had a great time, we forgot how much fun it was to be at Sea World!
We love going to the beaches on Coronado, Pumpkin loved watching the Navy planes flying overhead. It was a chilly day, but still fun to get REALLY sandy! At least this time on the trip she left some sand on the beach instead of taking it all away in her mouth! :)

5 comments:

kimberly said...

debbie......coronado is one of my all time favorite places in the whole world....actually we will be going there the end of this month! (another far away friday :)
looks like she (and mom and dad) had a wonderful time....her eyes are so excited in the "pizza" pic.....and you just made me even more excited for our trip!

Joni said...

Looks like a fun place to visit. I remember at my last job my boss had a post card from Coronado stuck on his bulletin board and I thought then this would be a nice place to go. That building is beautiful! Love to soak up this kind of stuff...thanks for sharing.

have a good weekend ~
Joni

jessamyn said...

those are great pics of her! they just capture her contentment. this makes me want to visit there RIGHT now! thanks for sharing...

Mandy said...

we are taking the kids to Sea World in three weeks. Cant wait, it will be our first family trip with the four of us. Do you have a pointers on Sea Worls & how to keep it somewhat stress free. We also, will be going to the beaches to let the kids feel the sand in their toes, sad the water will still be pretty cold. Thanks fo rsharing you family trip.
Mandy

Alyson said...

It is great to see your pictures today. I moved here from San Diego 11 years ago and really miss it. Those buildings are beautiful and Pumpkin too!