Friday, March 21, 2008

Far Away Fridays

I spent my middle and high school years outside of Chicago. I moved from there when I went to college and never lived there again. It remains one of my favorite cities to visit. Hubby and I were able to go in September 2006 for my high school reunion. He had never been there, so it was a packed couple of days sight seeing. There is so much to do in the city and where I grew up that I just never get tired of it. I had not been back in probably 7 years, so it was a great trip for me as well. There is so much to do there, I would love to take the kids one day....it is on the list of MANY places we want to take them.
Yes, I am a Cubs fan. Always will be. I have so many memories of going to games with my dad sitting behind first base. It was fun to show Hubby the stadium. If you have not been to Chicago, you follow the signs to the stadium and then it is just there. It is in the middle of a neighborhood and you don't expect to see it where it is. I was lucky enough to see some wonderful Broadway shows growing up in Chicago. It instilled a love of the arts for me. The glorious skyline. It was a typical overcast, windy day, but still wonderful to walk around.I adore Buckingham Fountain. We were lucky that it was running the day we were downtown. It does not always run in order to conserve water. It is just a sight to behold.

3 comments:

kimberly said...

thanks for sharing debbie,....bryan and i drove from portland to chicago for a friend's wedding (before we were ever married!).....and i loved chicago....took a small plane ride over the city....and walked, walked, walked downtown? went and saw Ripleys :) i just remember thinking it was beautiful and a city with a lot of culture!
have a very happy day, and a wonderful Easter.

jessamyn said...

i like chicago. i have only been there once though, in the dead of winter and i got completely lost with a group of friends out in the suburbs. it was actually a very exciting story, i'll have to tell you it someday.

Alyson said...

Hey Debbie! Love the pics. Especially the Broadway Bldg! I have always wanted to go to Chicago and have pizza :o)