Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Traditions

We started a tradition in our house today. We colored Easter eggs. We did it like I did growing up where you stick holes in the two ends of the eggs and blow out all the insides. We then save them from year to year as the Easter centerpiece of the table. It has been years since I did this, and now I remember why! But, it was totally worth it to see how excited Pumpkin was at the idea of being able to keep the eggs that she made. It was a rough start with the orange being spilt on the table and a new shirt. Amazingly enough the shirt did survive without a stain, really not sure how that happened! Patience is a virtue is a saying that applies to most of parenthood, today especially! Pumpkin had such a good time it was worth all the chaos. It was cute when she realized that she could dip the eggs in different colors. I do have to say that these are some gorgeous eggs!
Before the chaos!
Everyone needs to wear a crown to color easter eggs, especially Princess eggs! I don't think I should let Hubby see this picture! :)

At first she was very careful not to get dirty and use the tools that came with the kit.

It takes quite a bit of concentration to get the glitter on just right!

Critter was getting a big kick out of her coloring the eggs. He kept looking at her and smiling.

Who needs tools when hands work perfectly well in DYE! Oh well, at least her Easter dress is blue to match her hands! :)
Just love her!

The finished product, as arranged by Pumpkin not to be moved or changed by anyone. Man, that does not sound like me at all!

9 comments:

kimberly said...

love.love.love the pictures debbie....you captured just what it is all about.....wonderful day of memories was made....and no....i don't know where she would get that from!? :)
have a wonderful Easter..
love,
kim

kimberly said...

uh....how did you possibly keep her from breaking those eggs?!

amazed! :)

Debbie said...

Only one egg broke! I could not believe it myself. I broke two myself trying to get the stuff out of them :)

kimberly said...

yeah, for her! :)

Jamie said...

I love these photos Deb. :) It's always so much fun coloring eggs (however we always hardboiled them). I don't think we would have made it through a session without breaking most of them. :) She is such a beautiful little girl ~ love those eyelashes! :)
Happy Easter! I hope you and your family have a beautiful day!
Jamie

Brittni said...

What a moment to remember! I love the princess crowns! Yes, I don't think your hubby would appreciate his son wearing a princess crown! Looks like a lot of fun deb. I love seeing the pictures of your day. Little boy looks so cute watching his sister have fun. Miss you all! Happy Easter.

jessamyn said...

asher didn't find much use out of his tools either! dye stained hands are part of the fun...
how did you poke holes in your eggs??? i was intending to do this with some of our eggs and I just couldn't figure out how to get it done...so I gave up and we hard boiled them all.
teach me, please!!!

Alyson said...

Hey Debbie! What a great tradition. I might just have to try that next year!

Joni said...

I've always wanted to try that hole in the egg thing. I've seen some beautiful artwork on such eggs. Looks like it was a fun Easter celebration...beautiful pictures!

Joni