Thursday, May 29, 2008

You will always be my baby...

Pumpkin, you will always be my baby. You are away from me and with non-family for one of the first times. You started your summer camp this morning. You kept going between nervous and excited all week. Some moments you would ask if summer camp was open yet and then you would ask me to never leave you. I don't think you know how much you both melted and broke my heart in those moments. Daddy took today off so he could take you with me and we will hopefully take you to lunch after you are done. I know it is just three hours a day once a week, but it is a big step for you. This is your first real adventure in being a "big kid". We chose a place for you that you knew so well, you have taken classes there for 2 years. We got there and you said hi and then proceeded to sit on my lap until it was time to play. As soon as it was time to go into the gym, you gave Daddy and I a quick kiss and ran off with the kids. We stood there for a few minutes watching you play. Finally the teacher who knows us well told us "We have your cell phone numbers, you can go now". I think she realized we needed a little push to get out the door and leave you. This is what you need. Your brain needs more stimulation, your social butterfly nature needs more friends. This will just help prepare you for preschool in September. I just can not believe you are three and a half and at summer camp. You are always going to be my baby. I had to post pictures from the other day since you responded with this when I asked you if I could take your picture this morning "Not now Mommy, I think we will do pictures another day." I look at you in amazement that you are such an amazing kid. You have such a sense of self. You are a strong willed, independent girl who still loves to cuddle with mom and dad. I pray that will last a bit longer! I love you my baby girl. I am so proud of who you are. I hope you are having a great time at camp. I hope you tell us stories of what you did while you were there. You may be growing up each and every day, but you will always be my baby!

4 comments:

kimberly said...

hard to believe they grow up so fast, isn't it.....wonderful for her to have this adventure! i have been amazed lately at how big asher is getting and the amazing things he comes up with....not quite four! each day is a blessing! and sometimes it is harder for mom and dad to let go, than the child, :) just recently asher stayed with cory....and when jess hesitated a bit, he told her..."i will be fine mommy"! :)

Jamie said...

Now you've got me in tears. :) I'm sure she will love it (and so will you in some ways). :)
What a wonderful mom you are!

Cory said...

This was such a sweet post Debbie. Oh the ways children tug at our hearts :) You will have to let us know how the day went...

jessamyn said...

how did it go? i can't believe how fast they are growing. it just seems like yesterday...