Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Update on Summer Camp

Thank you all for your encouragement with Pumpkin going to Summer Camp. She absolutely loved it! We went to pick her up and she really did not want to leave. We were told by the teacher that she was the very last one to finish the craft project and was meticulous in putting it together. She made a catepillar which she likes to call her lizard. Unfortunately, she put so much glitter on it that it can not really move much without decorating the house! The other cute thing was that I had been prepping her all week that she would probably have to go potty by herself while there. I figure it was good to prep on something like that. Well...she told the teacher (who she has known for 2 years) that she had to go. But also said "It's okay. Mommy told me I go by myself at Summer Camp". Well, the teacher replied that she could go with her since she knew her. Pumpkin's response "Well, okay. But, I know how to wipe myself. You can just stand over there". The teacher was quite impressed with her. I was so proud of how well she did. Apparently she never got upset that we were not there. I was tempted after hearing that report to sign her up for Tuesday's as well, but I don't know if I am ready for that! :)
She has been talking about going back since we left. She knows it is on Thursdays, she just does not quite know what day that is! There is no question that she is my independent strong willed child. I will just take every moment in as I can. Before I know it she will be gone even longer and I will miss these crazy days!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

had to laugh at her conversation with the teacher.....amazing what these little ones have to say....and they express themselves so well....love it!

the whole knowing it is thursday, but not when thursday is reminds me so much of asher and his "twee fwog potty" which is still far away....but coming! such a hard concept and can drive mommies crazy! :)