Thursday, May 15, 2008

Family time

This is a little delayed, but we had a great Mother's Day around here. Hubby tried to give me a few hours to go and get a new book and then sit and enjoy it with a cup of coffee, but Critter did not quite like that idea. So, I have a day coming for myself...sometime in the future! That evening, we went to a baseball game. Now, this brought back major memories of my childhood. We would always go to a baseball game or amusement park for Mother's Day, yet my mom did not really enjoy either of these activities. I do like baseball games, especially when we sat in the grass. We brought a blanket. Pumpkin got to run around and play with other kids. Critter laid on the blanket and watched the trees blow and the stars come out. It was a gorgeous night. Our team won, and it was just nice relaxing family time. What more could I ask for. We are going to remember the grass seats for next year, the college season is pretty much over for now. I am looking forward to my time in the bookstore and coffee shop, whenever that happens. It will be like I have two Mother's Days, I'd say I'm a pretty lucky gal! :)


5 comments:

cassie said...

what a fun evening! i am glad that you enjoyed a day celebrating all that you do - for your family and your sweet little ones. i hope you enjoy your second day just as much!

The Tils Family said...

Looks like you had a great day.

jessamyn said...

that sounds like so much fun! grass seats are the way to go with tots in tow, i am sure!
i love that last picture of you guys.

Mandy said...

Love Love Love the picture of you and your babies!! Glad you had a great mothers day.
mandy

kimberly said...

i don't know how i skipped this sweet post....but i guess i did! :) sounds like a perfect eveining....and i too, hope to hear about your second one! :)
sweet pictures!