Thursday, October 23, 2008

4 years

My dearest Pumpkin,
I have been trying to comprehend the fact that you are now 4 years old. I can remember each stage of your amazing life. I was able to spend a part of your school day wtih you today. I went during your time at the Harvest Festival and took pictures of you and your friends. It was wonderful to see you in your element. I felt like I had a window to your world. I was able to witness how caring, energetic, independent and silly you are when you are with other people. You are my amazing big girl. I loved it when I walked into your classroom, you looked at me and said "Mommy, what are you doing here. I don't want to go home.". It partly makes me sad because you adore having your own thing. I still have a hard time getting you to tell me about your day. You don't like to even hold my hand when we walk onto the campus. It does however give me the confidence that you are growing into a person who knows where she stands in this world and is not afraid to walk with her head held high. You do however still like to know that Daddy and I are here. We are always standing behind you when you don't want us next to you, to support you and love you. I feel like I am talking to a teenager. Sometimes it feels like that will be tomorrow.
You are such an amazing girl, my Pumpkin. You made me a mom. You changed my life forever. I can thank you for showing me a love I never knew before. You have done so much in your 4 years. You are a person that people love to be around, that makes me proud. You have such a caring heart and spirit. You love your family and friends deeply. I am so proud of you. I normally write you a letter each year on your birthday. I am still processing who you are and what I really want to say. I could not let the day go by though without saying "Happy Birthday". I loved the fact that I got to sing you Happy Birthday tonight and give you a special cupcake. I felt like it was a special moment just for you and me. You will always be my baby girl. I can not wait to see what this next year brings you.
Love~
Mommy

I will post some pictures later when I get them off of the laptop. Now, we still don't have Internet connection on it. They are coming though....

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ok, so as the same time I'm wiping the tears that are streaming down my face away, I can't seem to stop smiling either. Your letter is simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing what an amazing relationship you have...(w/ one of the CUTEST little girls I happen to know!) Love you both...

kimberly said...

beautiful tribute, to a beautiful little girl!

and thank you for your comment and for adding to those i will be walking for....the journey will be amazing!
hugs,
kimberly