Saturday, February 25, 2012

My little loves...

For Heart's Day this year, I wanted to do something cute for Hubby. I take a lot of pictures of the kids, but I don't always do themed or posed pictures. I wanted to do that this year. It was fun (but exhausting) to do. Trying to do it as a surprise was just as interesting though!
I loved seeing their personalities. When we went to the park, i had them each pick poses and spots to take pictures. It gave them some more motivation to actually smile :)

This is the one I used in the project. I could not resist the fact that Critter had the Love sign backwards! I had them both paint hearts on small pieces of paper. Then i framed the hearts and the picture. It was a big hit with Daddy.
Gotta love the fake pout. She was trying not to show me she was smiling and laughing. Nothing can hid her like her massive amount of long hair!

Of course, my girl wanted pictures of just herself. I am amazed when I look at these pictures...I truly can not believe how she has grown up. She looks nothing like my little baby anymore. She has grown up into such a sweet, feisty, independent, beautiful little lady. I want her to stop growing, but that can not happen!
She had definite ideas on what she wanted to do for her pictures. I think I sense a little bit of her momma in her :)
It is really hard to get pictures of Critter actually smiling. He is so much more reserved than his sister. He smiles, but when he sees the camera, he will put on his fake smile. I love the few pictures I can get of him where he is smiling.
My grown up girl!
It was so much fun to capture my own kids in pictures. I love looking at these and then looking back over the years. I love seeing their personalities shine through. They are my little loves...

No comments: