Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fun family outing...

We had a great family day! We have been wanting to hike up the mountain by campus, but kept forgetting we wanted to do it! :) We finally planned a morning for it.
Man, I forgot how steep the mountain was, that is for sure! We used to climb it all the time in college and I would run up it. I guess that is the difference of almost 12 years.

The kids were super excited!
I wish I could have this kids energy! He was determined to run up this hill. It is really steep, but he was determined. He made it almost the whole way up running. The problem was that he then wanted to run down the hill. That concerned me more :) He has such a tendency, still, to fall...I could see him rolling the whole way down! He does not always remember he can't do everything!
They both thought it was pretty cool to be up this high. The did not realize yet that there was more to climb :)
I love that they get to be close to a large university. We get to see great sports and it is a wonderful influence for them. It is cute though. Now, every time we drive by the mountain, they say "We climbed to the top of that!"
This was close to the top! We were on our way back down and I wanted a picture with the kids. I am great at taking pictures of them, but not great at getting into pictures with them. i want them to remember what I looked like "back then" one day! :)
She loves this picture since she can look at the radio towers on the top of the hill and say she stood "next" to those. We were all the way on the top!
I love family days like this. I know these are the memories that last for me, and I think they are the ones that will last with the kids. What better thing to do that something that makes a memory!

No comments: