Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Critter's Big Day...

I am so not ready to write this post!


Today is Critter's first day of school! It seems like yesterday we brought Pumpkin to her first day of preschool. I was carrying Critter back then since he was not even walking. Now, he is marching off with the rest of the kids to start this new adventure. I am so not ready for it, but he is. We were walking home from bringing Pumpkin to school. I told him he could watch a little bit of tv before leaving. He said " No mom, it is time for me to go to school now". He was more than ready....not so much for me though!

Can you tell how happy he is! It didn't affect him when I said I would not be staying. He was telling me all about what he wanted to do in class.
I had Pumpkin take a picture of him and I before bringing her to school. She is getting quite good with my camera :)


At his school before going to the playground.


Daddy left work for a few minutes to drive down to see him. He got there just as they were lining up to go up to their classroom. He surprised Critter and he was super happy!


Walking in line to go to class! I am so excited to hear about his first day. I am so not ready for both of my kids to be in school. The really grow up to fast...


I got home from coffee with a friend (thanks B) and found this note from Pumpkin. Even though they don't always show it, they love each other so much. I know this note will be erased soon, but it is so sweet.

These guys are growing up way to quick. I want to remember some of the sweet moments that will fade too quickly:

~ I love when Pumpkin wakes up early and wants me to come cuddle with her until she is ready to wake up

~ I love when I go to Critter's room to sing him his goodnight song he lifts his arms up and i have to rest my head on his chest. If I try to lift my head, he pushes it down until I finish singing

~ I love that my girl gives me the biggest hugs when I have to leave to work or run errands

~ I love that the kids will sit in the front window when either Hubby or I have to leave. They sit and wave at us as we drive by

~ I love finding notes from Pumpkin in the most random places.

~ I love figuring out Pumpkin's phonetic spelling of things

~ I love how Critter has memorized his favorite books and wants to read to me now

~ I love when my kids are sick or hurt they still want their momma!



I know it is a part of growing up...but this momma is not ready for it. My kids are though. All I can do is go along for the ride!

No comments: