Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Some Summer Fun...

The kids and I were able to escape for Memorial Day Weekend up to my parent's house. That way, Hubby was able to get some projects done around the house without his "helpers". They LOVE heading up to Nanny and Papa's....they get a little bit spoiled! I love it as well since I get to potentially relax :)


We had a fun filled weekend. We started off by going to their music in the park that their community has. The girls walked and the boys took the golf cart. Critter is getting into having special "boy" time doing things. It is rather cute. I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Critter...


It was a nice relaxing time listening to some good music...until bed time though! My kids are so scheduled that even when I try to let them stay up or do things different, it does not work so well! They are like their momma....they like knowing the schedule of the day :)
The next day, Hubby was able to join us after finishing his projects. We had a cookout and then made smores! Not much better than that :)



The special thing about heading to Nanny and Papa's house is going golfing with Papa. Pumpkin has outgrown her first set of clubs and is doing really great! Critter does good...but often swings like it is a baseball bat. I absolutely love that they have this special thing to do with my dad. Plus....if I get to go with them I usually get some really fun pictures!


We are still working on Critter's stance a little bit. Plus, he has grown so much he has almost outgrown Pumpkin's old clubs. So...we will see what we do!


This time, he took them to the small driving range as well. Usually they only head to the putting/chipping green. He wanted (especially Pumpkin) to see them use their drivers and see them really swing.


Critter was trying to be just like Papa when putting his ball on the tee. It was really cute he kept looking over at my dad to see what he was doing.


It was a really fun way to start off the summer. Even though Pumpkin still had 2 days of school after this, I sort of thought of the weekend as the start of the summer. I know the summer will be over before I know it, so we are trying to soak in every minute of it! :)

No comments: