Saturday, June 18, 2011

One of our favorite parks...

Last weekend we went to one of my favorite parks! It is about halfway between my parents house and ours, so it is a great meeting spot. Plus, they have a train, playground and carousal. We met my parents up there early on Sunday (before it got too hot) to celebrate my mom's BDay and Father's Day for my dad. The kids had a blast! It is so much fun to see them play and let their imaginations take hold. They always create fun games!

The way he was posing on top of this thing just cracked me up!
So, we can not find his cool superhero glasses he got for Easter. But, Hubby found a pair of glasses in the closet the other day. So, we gave them to Critter. They are a little big, but they fit. It took me a few days to realize who they belonged to....me! I got them when I left my sunglasses in a friends car. I can not go without sunglasses, so I got a really inexpensive pair. They have now become Critter's sunglasses. I don't know if it is a good thing that they pretty much fit him....at 3 1/2 years old!



I am trying to soak in this girl this summer. She is getting a little bored, but it is nice having her home. I want to make sure we are enjoying the summer and not running completely ragged!


He LOVES riding the train! I love the fact that my dad is into trains and will one day build a track for his model trains at their house. Between trains and golf, they have a special "thing" with him. I think that is so neat. I love that as they grow they will have certain special memories with each grandparent. Those small things are what will last them a lifetime.


I honestly could not believe that both my parents got on the carousal with the kids! It was such a fun day. The kids loved it as did Hubby and I. What a way to celebrate two great people!

No comments: