Saturday, February 19, 2011

Outdoor fun...

It was a GORGEOUS weekend last weekend. So, Hubby decided it was time to pay attention to our cars. He spent all afternoon Friday and morning on Saturday taking care of his truck. it had some issues we thought we needed to take it to a mechanic for....but Hubby fixed it! He was so proud of himself. Then as a Valentine's gift to me, he detailed my car on Sunday. I loved it, even though now I don't want anything to spill in it or it to get dirty at all! :)
Since he was outside with the cars, the kids got lots of time to play outside. Since we do not have a play filled backyard, we play out front....so one of us has to be with them! They had so much fun.
Pumpkin has gotten really good at roller skating. She outgrew her first skates and got new ones this past Christmas. They are a little more grown up and she had to get used to them. Well....she is used to them now! :)


Yes....this is Pumpkin dancing the "robot" while skating down the driveway. I forgot to switch my camera to video for it, but it was so funny.....you can see her style looking at the 2 pictures. Scary thing is that she has better moves than her momma! :)




My boy. I was trying to get his furrowed brow. When he is concentrating or figuring something out, he furrows his brow. This did not quite capture it, but it is a darn cute picture!


I do not get these looks captured with my camera too often. I look for the smiles and happy moments. But...these looks are just as precious. This is his get away from me with that camera look! :)

"Oh MOM, I know we have been playing outside for 3 hours, but I don't want to go inside and take a bath!"



It has been so much fun playing outside lately. We have some new neighbors with kids and have gotten to know some other neighbors. Yesterday there were 8 kids playing outside after school. It is a lot of fun and this is why we moved to this neighborhood years ago. We could see this happening. It is neat when kids knock on the door to play outside with your daughter! There will probably be more pictures/video of outdoor adventures coming. I LOVE this time of year!

No comments: