Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun Family time...

Dear friends called us Saturday morning and asked us to go to the Zoo with them at noon. We had not hung out as two families in a long time....but it was during Critter's nap time. We debated and then realized that a nice family/friend day was worth a tired Critter! :) I am SO GLAD we went. It was a gorgeous day and it had been ages since we had been to the zoo...
For some reason (Pumpkin) it has been hard to get pictures of the kids where they are both looking at the camera and smiling...not making goofy faces. This was as close as we got. No matter what they are doing in the picture, I am cherishing the ones I get with them. I am trying to get better about getting pictures with them....so they know I was actually there for all these fun times :)
What better thing to do when you are at the zoo looking at animals....but to climb a tree! This is so Pumpkin. She is my princess tomboy! She loves adventure, but loves all things girly as well. I am so curious as to where this one goes in life...

They all had to take turns on this frog. What I love the best is Pumpkin "hiding" next to the frog. I told her I wanted pictures of each of the kids....I got it....sort of! :)
She had such a great time. I am glad that she still gets enjoyment out of days like this, especially when the other kids are younger than she is. But, she adores these friends of ours and it made her day to spend time with them!

Is it okay to get sad about how fast she is growing up?

One thing that all the kids talked about from the time we got to the zoo was the StingRay area. I love that Pumpkin asks every time to go here, but usually pulls her hand away before she actually touches any of the animals. When she does accidentally touch one, she is not sure how to react. I was holding Critter back....even with his sleeves pushed up they got soaked. He was trying to touch the bottom of this pool. He loved it! He is usually my Mr. Cautious...but not always. When he decides he likes something or wants to try it....he jumps in feet first!
What they were trying to touch...
Like I said, it is hard to get a "nice" picture of them. They are now into making all these goofy poses and faces. I do think it is pretty cute!


Thank you B and family for the invite :) It was such a nice day. I am so glad we went and we will have to do it again!

Now, onto more adventures!

1 comment:

kimberly said...

looks like a fun time was had by all!....now hoping for that beautiful weather again, so we can continue those wonderful adventures!!
kim