Saturday, December 4, 2010

Setting up the season...

I love this time of year....
My goal typically is to have my list and budget for Christmas done by the end of October. That way I can keep my eye on sales and not be tempted to just buy, buy buy. It works well. This year I am not done yet....but almost. This way i can enjoy all the things the season has to offer. The kids are both old enough this year to really get both the commercial part of the season and what it is really all about. Our days are filled with reading our huge stash of Christmas books, decorating, crafting and special activities.
My favorite part of the year is always setting up the tree. I remember when Hubby and I first got this tree it was filled with generic ornaments and just married ones. Now, we can not even fit the generic ones on. It is full of ornaments made by the kids, given to the kids, or kid focused ones. I could not ask for a more beautiful tree! :)
Pumpkin LOVES to put the star on the tree. Luckily Critter does not get it yet, but I have a feeling next year it might be a fight :)
He gets so proud when his sister does things....

This is one of the last pictures I was able to take with my old camera. It decided to start giving me a lovely decoration of a black line on the side or bottom of pictures. At least I was able to capture some of these moments.
My goofy kids! I just love these moments of them being cute. I know pictures like this are the ones I will look back on years from now and just cherish.
Enjoy this season, i know we are!




No comments: