Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A special day for my girl...

I got to go to Pumpkin's class 2 weeks ago (yes, I realize I am a bit behind...but I am trying to be okay with that!). It was Green Eggs and Ham day! I thought how fun when the teacher asked for parent volunteers to make Green Eggs and Ham. Of course it made me happy to do this for her class. I am glad I spoke up to help, because no other parents helped by making anything. That of course made me sad...but I won't get started on that!
I was a little nervous telling Pumpkin I was coming to her class to help out. I never know if she is in a mommy mood or an "I really don't want you around" mood. Let me tell you the teenage years will not be fun around here, especially if she gets moody like her momma! :) But...to my surprise, she was excited for me to come! My heart was just so happy :)
Luckily it was on a day when Hubby was home, so I made up 3 dozen green eggs and ham and brought them to her class. I was impressed with her teacher before, but even more so after being there just a little bit. I dished up plates for all the kids while they finished up work. Not one of them got up and came over to me! That is pretty impressive in a Kindergarten class. They were quite and just working. It was really amazing to see my girl sitting at her table, working and just being grown up!
She of course would not look at me for the picture! I could only make the eggs this green. Something was just wrong about putting more food coloring in to make them really green. I know the kids would have loved it, but it just looked gross to me! :)
This is her table she sits at during the day. The little boy on the left is the one she likes to talk to during the "too long rest time". She kids were so cute eating their food. I got lots of thank yous and this is good! Since they read the story that morning, everyone tried it just like Sam in the book. It is cute too, since now when i drop her off all the kids know me as 'Pumpkin's mom". I love it!


I think it is so special I get to help out in her class. It is something I have looked forward to for a really long time.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

awww ~ what a good mommy you are!! :) i'm sure it was so nice for you to be able to be a part of a special school day and i'm sure her teacher was very grateful to you! :)