Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An answer...

Well, Hubby and I have waited almost 6 years for an answer to a question. Would Pumpkin be more like him or me in school. A little background first...
When Hubby was in Elementary school he had a problem. A problem with talking. His teachers would do everything they could to separate him from his friends, but then he would talk across the classroom. The first thing his parents would say on Parent/Teacher Conference night would be "Yes, we know he talks too much, but what else is going on". This may surprise those who have not seen Hubby in a talkative mood. He is typically a more quiet adult. I joke that he used up all his talking as a child! :)
I on the other hand, was a reserved child. I did not talk out too much. My mom may differ in opinion, but I think I did as I was told and did not talk out of turn...as an Elementary School Student not High School! :)
So...we have waited. Since she was born, Pumpkin has been social, talkative and the life of the party. Much like Hubby as a child. More like me as an adult...at least the talkative part! We got our answer yesterday. When I picked up Pumpkin from school, her teacher let me know that she kept talking through the day not only in her class but also PE. So...Pumpkin had to write her name in "the book". It is a way for the kids to realize they broke the rules and to stop their behavior. Apparently as soon as she did this, she did stop talking. I had a feeling this was coming. I am just hoping we can get it under control sooner rather than later. I told her teacher this morning this story about our debate. Hopefully with guidance at home and school she will be able to have fun...but listen too! Here is to another adventure with Pumpkin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love it! She's just the perfect little blend of the both of you! So happy to hear she's having a good time!
I never thanked you for having us over last week..we had such a fun time and it was so great seeing you all (as always!)..so THANK YOU!! Hope to do it again soon! xoxo
Kyna

Jamie said...

oh that's funny! i was thinking she'd be a little more reserved in the actual classroom ~ but I guess not! :) too funny! :)