Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The reason for my lack of sanity...

So, I have been pretty stressed and chaotic lately. We have had a lot going on. I wanted to document some of these changes. Not only for my friends...but so I can look back and eventually laugh about all of this. When we moved into our house 4 years ago, there were lots of projects we wanted to do. We are finally getting around to doing those. Between time and money we were always lacking something. We decided to just get these things done. It started with a new roof in June and then moved onto a few small construction projects.



















This is a small wall which leads to our bedroom. In this hallway was a really small closet that made no sense and was useless to us. So...we extended this entire hallway/wall out about 18 inches and removed the closet. We will one day soon put in cabinets and counter top in the hallway to make a small office. It is amazing how much this opened up the hallway. We still do not have floor, but the wall is now painted. The left is the old, the right is the new.









When we bought the house, we only had Pumpkin. We used what is now Critter's room as a playroom. That obviously changed when I was pregnant with Critter. The problem with his room is that it never had a closet. We added one in! Now, this may seem simple, but nothing with our family is simple. The closet has been done since the beginning of July, but there is still no closet system in there. That is because we want to replace the flooring, and we don't want to put the closet in until we put new flooring in. Now we can not put new flooring in until we rip up the old baseboard and put new ones in. Plus, we want to put new doors in and can not do the floors until we get the new doors in. Also, we are re-doing Pumpkin's room and can not put the new floors in until we do the above listed things to her room as well.....do you see where I am losing any grip of sanity I have?











Critter's room also had a door which lead into our living room. It used to be the door we used when it was a playroom, but we stopped using it when it became his bedroom. So, we closed those doors in. Simple, but it makes his room look MUCH bigger!

Last but not least his last wall of his room. We figured since we had to prime and paint so much of his room with the construction, we would just redecorate. It was fun. It looks really nice and he likes the "cars" on the wall. It is also neat to have some of my pictures on my kids walls.
I am in the process of finishing Pumpkin's room. When I get it done, I will post pictures. It makes me sad since I can actually see my kids growing up and their tastes changing. It has been interesting around here to say the least. We have a huge vision for our house, but it is just taking time and sweat to get things done. I hope by 6 months from now we will be farther along the process....or maybe that is wishful thinking! :)

No comments: