Monday, September 28, 2009

Finally the rest of our vacation

Alright I am FINALLY getting around to posting these last vacation pictures. I figured if I did not do it by October they would never get done. I still think about this wonderful trip and all the memories we created for our family. It was a really awesome time.
One of the things that Pumpkin requested and talked about with going to Boston was going to see these duck statues. There is a great book written about the swan boats and these ducks. We had been reading it and she really wanted to go. Unfortunately, the day we chose ended up being in the mid-90s, which for Boston is REALLY hot. The kids did not make it very long. We got to the park, saw these bronze ducks, I took Pumpkin on the swan boats, and then we left. We drove around for a little while and then went back to my aunt and uncle's house. If it were a little cooler we would have lasted longer, but it was still a great time. Pumpkin still talks about these ducks and the boats. It was a short, but nice time!
Aren't they cute!

The famous swan boats.
A fun, but sweaty and hot, mommy and daughter moment!
I could not resist this picture of Pumpkin and my mom while she was eating lobster. Pumpkin had never tried it before. My cousin gave her a piece, but she was not a fan. She just was so weirded out by the lobster, it was REALLY funny! :)
Background on this picture....my aunt LOVES shoes. I mean, really she loves shoes. So the last night we were staying there Pumpkin, my mom and my aunt had a shoe fashion show. It was really cute. Pumpkin loved all of my aunt's "fancy" shoes. I do not have many fancy shoes with staying home. I do know where they would go if I had them...onto Pumpkins feet!
It was a TOUGH trip home. We were supposed to leave at 5:30, get a connecting flight at 8 and land home at 11:30 at night. Well...there was trouble with the first flight being delayed an hour and a half. SO.....they needed to switch our flights. They thought that switching us to the next morning at 10am would be great, so we agreed. After everything was done, I realized they only gave us a 30 minute window to connect to our flight home. Yeah with two kids that was not going to work. So...we got switched to another airline. However, since it was so late we had to stay at a hotel for the night. Luckily we got a huge discount on a really nice hotel. The kids had a hard time falling asleep though. I finally got Critter to sleep and then Pumpkin had to fall asleep with him. This is how they slept for about half the night. It was really cute and sweet.

I had to document finally going home. We ended up landing 12 1/2 hours after we were supposed to. It was a LONG trip home. We had such a great time on the trip and we really want to get back to the East Coast more often.
At least I now feel a little more caught up! :)

No comments: