Saturday, May 30, 2009

Taking time for fun

Since life has been so busy lately, I have been trying to remember to stop and just have fun and be present with the kids. The other afternoon I just got my camera out and the three of us were just goofy for the camera. It was fun and a great reminder of how wonderful it is to just stop and have fun!
Critter is loving books lately. Especially this one about trucks and one about animals. He likes to point at each item and have you tell him what it is. He gets a kick out of it. However, don't try to trick him by telling him something different than what it says. He knows and will give you a very sneaky look! :)
Our goof-ball. It is so hard lately to get a "normal" picture out of her. Once the camera comes out, so does the performer! Man, this is going to be one of those pictures I can bribe her with later in life :)

The older both of them get, the harder it is to get a picture of them together. One of them is tormenting the other or trying to get away or making a funny face. This is the best one I have gotten in quite awhile.
She has grown so much. I look at this picture and am so proud of who she has become. She is inquisitive, loving, generous, kind and adventurous! I could not ask for a more special daughter. I am so glad that I stopped and enjoyed these moments with them. I know in the near future, she will not want to goof off and just take pictures with me anymore.

There is her smile! :) Getting her to laugh is the key. Man, she still melts my heart.

In the theme of having fun and taking a break, two friends and I met with our kids at the Zoo. It was a great morning. They have a new splash pad there and of course the kids all wanted to go in. Critter was the most adventurous. He walked right in and did not mind when the water came up right into him. It was fun and I think we will be hitting this the next time we go to the Zoo.
Right before I took this picture, the water shot up from these spouts. It surprised him and then he just laughed! He loves the water just like his sister.
We brought lunch and after the kids ate they ran around the grassy area. Critter was getting pretty far and his buddy W helped get him back. These guys are only 10 weeks apart and his parents are godparents to our kids. It is so sweet that they can grow together along with their other buddy C. There is something about this picture that strikes a cord with me. Our boys and kids are growing SO fast. It seems like I look at them and they change from day to day. Yet....I see this and see how small they still are in the world. There is so much yet for them to learn and experience. Even though at times I feel like my time being needed as a mother is fading, they will still need me for awhile, and I need them. For some reason, this picture gave me perspective. My kids are growing, learning and changing day to day. They will continue to do so and I will stand here guiding them and loving them. The world stands before them and I can not wait to see what they will do :)
Hope you can take some time for fun. It really does wonders for the soul!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

these are so cute :) i love the ones at the zoo ~ and WHERE is that new splashpad?? nice that it's not surrounded by dirt in the direct sun like the other one. :)
they are so beautiful ~ thanks for sharing. :)

Brittni said...

Your little girl is turning into such a beautiful young girl! I love the picture of her bright eyes! Yes, it is scary to see how much they have grown and how fast it has happened! They will always need their mommy though! It is going to be so fun watching these boys grow with each other. I can't even imagine the days ahead of us!!!

kimberly said...

fun days....so important to remember that everything else (for the most part) can wait until tomorrow!! :0 sometimes hard to feel that way when everything seems so important and busy and hectic!!!
they certainly are getting so big....so cute and sweet!
hugs,
kim