Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memories

It has been a crazy couple of weeks around here. Time is just FLYING by! Today was Pumpkin's last day of school. I feel like just yesterday she was heading up the stairs for her first day. She has grown so much this year. She is learning so much I am amazed at her everyday. I know before I know it Critter will be off to his first day! Once again she did not really want to take a picture without her brother. He was not that into it though! :)
Finally right before we left she let me take a picture of just her. She no longer wants to take a regular picture, she likes to "pose" somehow. Unless I get her laughing, it is so hard to get a picture of her actual smile! This one is sort of close.

Critter did not want to be left out!

My parents close friends came into town for a vacation with them. I have known them since I was 2 and am still friends with their daughter (Pumpkin's godmother). Well...when I was growing up Mrs. P would always braid my hair. I have vivid memories of this growing up. She would braid it while it was wet and a day later I would have curly hair. When Pumpkin heard these stories she asked if Mrs. P would braid her hair! It was so cute when they came over, Pumpkin was so excited to sit and have her do this. It brought back so many memories from when I was a kid. She left the braids in for a day and then was excited for her curly hair. The only problem is that she now wants her hair braided often and I don't know how to do it! I figured out how to braid from pigtails...so that is what she is getting!

Thanks Mrs. P!
I could not leave out the picture from my "Mother's Day". Luckily we had planned on celebrating on Tuesday because the whole family (besides me) got a lovely stomach bug on Mother's Day weekend. So....I got to spend the weekend doing LOTS of laundry, making chicken noddle soup, and sanitizing lots of items. At least I knew that my family needed me! :) We went to a baseball game on Tuesday, and it was a great time. It was Critter's first non-college game. He loved to clap when everyone else did. We rode the train from the station to the game and the kids had a blast. It was a great day even if I did not get to spend the actual day with my mom. I know she understood :)
So...we have just been busy around here. I am hoping that life calms down a bit or at least enough for me to stop for a minute and enjoy what is going on around me!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

wow! does sound busy!! :) i have very vivid memories of getting my hair braided and then having the coveted curly hair too! :) how fun to be able to share that with your little girl. :)thanks for sharing ~ I love reading your stories :)