Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling better

No...no one was sick in the house, at least not at the moment! :) But...I have my camera back! This is why it took me two years to bring it in to get fixed. I felt a little lost without it. There was really nothing in particular that I needed to take pictures of, I just missed my camera! Bad news is that the cost to repair my two lenses was almost the same as replacing them. However, they were able to clean the camera body and get rid of the darn dust spot that I have been fighting for TWO YEARS! It felt so good just to be able to grab my camera today and take pictures again. I know I am a little bit of a baby, a week without my camera and I was going through withdrawals :)
The weather has been SO nice in the mornings that we ventured out to the park this morning. Pumpkin really needed to run and get out some energy. I needed to get out of the house since Critter was up at 5:15 and Pumpkin was up at 6:00. Lucky I am a morning person and I am able to drink coffee! We had a great time at the park. Critter had a fun time in the swings. I don't often put him in there because it has been so hot, I did not want him to get burned. Today, it was not bad yet though. He loved it. Of course Pumpkin had to get in on the action and push him. Even though she was pushing a little too hard for my comfort, he just laughed and laughed. She can really do no wrong in his eyes. It was fun to get out of the house and see how much she has grown up. I vividly remember the days when I could not be more than a foot or two behind her because she would walk off the play set, run into another kid or hurt herself doing some crazy thing. Now, she tells me to sit down and she will stay where I can see her. Gotta love the independence! It was a great morning with the kids, just what the tired momma ordered!

He was having so much fun with Pumpkin pushing him. He kept laughing and smiling at her.


It is fairly hard to swing on a swing with your legs crossed, but she figured out how to do it. Not fully sure why, but she had fun!
I love how she is framed in the water feature here. I was just playing with my large lens and checking how it was focusing and happened to get this shot. She has pretty good running form, if I do say so myself! :)

4 comments:

Julie & kids said...

Great pics Deb and it was nice and cool this morning. Sorry we missed you guys!
-Julie & kids

Tara said...

I am so glad she likes school and you are finding your way while she hits so many milestones so quickly. It is rough and it doesn't stop. I know I shouldn't want it to but I do miss a lot of things that drove me crazy. It's all a process - at least I keep telling myself.

kimberly said...

sweet photos....and dear little blessings!....growing up so fast!

jessamyn said...

cute pics! hope you have a great day tomorrow...enjoying the peace you made today.