Monday, May 28, 2012

Trip up North...

Whenever we get an itch to get out of town, we try to go North to visit Hubby's brother and wife.  This time we also got to go a baptism too, so it was extra awesome.  It is usually a great break from the heat, except it was a chilly weekend.  We struggled to find clothes for the weekend.  Pumpkin wore Critter's sweatshirt!  Not sure which is more humerous, that we just don't have many warm clothes or the fact that my 7 year old daughter fits in her 4 year old brothers sweatshirt!
 The first thing the kids ask when they get to their Aunt and Uncle's house is when we can take their dog for a walk.  We don't have a dog and they LOVE giving theirs attention.  He is super patient with them.  It seems like the kids have endless energy up there too.
 Considering Hubby and I don't camp and there are not many woods by our house, I am always amazed at our kids.  They come alive running through the woods and being in nature.  I sometimes wish it was not so hot during school breaks so we could do this more.  It is really amazing to see this other side of my kids. 
 It is hard for me to let go during these little adventures.  I am way to Type A to let go and just let them roam.  I try, but it is not easy.  One of these days I will learn....but it is really a work in progress! :)

I really love seeing their smiles and laughter when we head up North.  It is just different and more free.  I am especially amazed at Pumpkin.  For how much she loves her dresses, fancy shoes and pretty headbands....she loves to dig in the woods, find flowers and chase their dog.  It is great!  We have been making more of an effort to head up there more often.  It is really worth it!

No comments: