Sunday, March 27, 2011

A fun time at the fair...

Last weekend we had a great time at the Pinal.County Fair with Hubby's dad! I was so happy :) I have been wanting to take the kids to something like this, but had not been able to convince Hubby it was a good idea. This was such an awesome fair too. It was not too crowded and perfect for the kids. Beware....there are a ton of pictures in this post...the kids were having too much fun to not go crazy with my camera :)

The first ride of the day...of course she went with the pink car! The kids got wristbands to let them ride everything, which was perfect. They were fearless and wanted to go on almost everything!
This was the first time on a roller coaster for both of them...I think. Pumpkin was not too sure at first. We were cracking up with her expressions. Critter loved every second of it!
By the end, she realized she was having fun though....
This was a little haunted house. She was all excited to go in, then realized it was dark. I guess that is what daddy's are for though! He went in and held her hand....then she was fine!
I have such vivid memories of slides like this! I knew Pumpkin would be excited, was not sure about Critter. But...both LOVED it. Luckily we were at the fair when it opened and there were almost no lines. They went down this one 3-4 times in a row. They just got off the bottom and climbed right back up.....so much fun!
I LOVE his face! We had to almost tear him away from this one. Luckily there were so many they wanted to ride that it was fairly easy to distract him.
Hubby, his dad and I were cracking up at this picture. It is Hubby, but in Pumpkin. She looks just like he does. Observing the world....yet looking slightly disinterested/bored....gotta love both of them!
Yes, he took them up on the Ferris.Wheel! Nope...I did not go! There was no way you were going to get me on that thing. They kept stopping it to put more people on. The kids loved it, but I would not have been pleasant!
We watched a cool puppet show and grabbed lunch. It was perfect timing. Critter had too much fun eating his hot dog, but Pumpkin wanted to meet this puppet. She loved all of it.
She had almost outgrown some of the "kid" rides. Thankfully she fit in the kid swings....there was no way I would let her on the big grown up ones! She can't be getting that grown up!
So much fun...
They were so excited to ride the bumper cars...
She loved it....until she got stuck. She was in a corner and could not get out. Hubby and his dad tried to direct her, but she was in freak out mode. Luckily no one really bumped her when she was stuck. She did great waiting it out until it was done. I don't think she will go on these again for a few years!
However, Critter and I had fun! He wanted to steer into everyone. It was really cute...


It was so much fun to see them enjoy themselves. It was such a treat and a special time with Opa. He got a big kick out of the kids. I think we will make this a tradition with them. Luckily there was a bath waiting for them back at the grandparent's house though....not sure we left much dirt/dust at the fair!

No comments: