Sunday, January 9, 2011

A wonderful Christmas Eve...

I realize I am a little late on posting these, but better late than never! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. Typically it is a quiet night of going to church then coming home and having dinner. Usually it is just the 4 of us and my parents. This year, we got to celebrate with all of Hubby's family though! His dad has been in CA since November and came back for the holidays. We all wanted to be together. We headed over to my BIL and SIL house. We met my SIL and niece at their church since it was on the way to their house. It was going to be the "girls" at church and the boys at the house. But, about 10 minutes before we left, Critter decided he wanted to go. How could I argue with him wanting to go to church! :)
Them in their nice clothes after church, about to head into the fun @ my BIL/SIL's house. They are just so stinking cute, i don't know what to do sometimes!
It was a fun night of good food, family and really excited kids. I can not believe how good the kids were. At 7,6,almost 5 and 3 they took turns opening presents. We went around one at a time to open things. They took turns without crying, pouting or complaining! That is a successful adventure in my opinion! Critter was so funny. He wanted to open up each present and play with it. We could have spread out Christmas over a few days with this kid. He would have been totally content with that!

Pumpkin is still really into clothes for her bears. She saves every penny and asks me to save coupons (that's my girl) so she can buy her bears special things to wear. She wanted these sneakers but had not saved enough for them. I love how she appreciates the little things. Hubby and I try to encourage that and keep the kids grounded as to what is important!

The kids were both tired and wound up when we got home. This is the first year we had a mantle to put the stockings on. I am so glad that we re-did the fireplace last year. It has been so nice to have during the holidays. Pumpkin was big enough to hang her own stocking this year....how in the world did that happen!

Critter needed a little bit of help.

I attempted to get both of them to sit....but that did not happen. Too much going on! :) But....my girl does love her picture taken!

She convinced him to try to eat Santa's snacks.....just to help me get a picture of the two of them! My sweet thinking girl....

Off to bed to wait to see what would come.....

No comments: