Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A nice/relaxing Christmas...

We had a really nice Christmas. Unfortunately, I was not feeling well with stomach issues so I had to take it easy. Luckily, it was not so bad that I couldn't be out with people...I just kept my distance!
I heard the kids moving around and was able to get my camera before they came out. This was their first look at the tree. In our house, Santa brings only 1 present and fills the stockings. He also does not wrap presents, they are just sitting and waiting for the kids. So...the first thing they really saw was...
new bikes! Pumpkin had outgrown hers and Critter had a trike but no bike. They were SO excited. Especially since they got helmets they love....Spiderman and Princesses! :)

When Santa put these together, they looked HUGE! I did not think there was any way they could fit on these bikes. But..I was wrong. They are a little bit, but will last a few years. Pumpkin got a real BMX Bike. We are not telling her why the handle bars go all the way around or why there are pegs on the wheels. She is enough of a klutz without knowing that....and enough of a daredevil without knowing! :)

He was so excited about this helmet. He wore it quite a bit of the day. I think he finally took it off when his head was too sweaty :)

The kids were SO good this morning. We actually got up, looked at the bikes, opened stockings, had breakfast, got dressed all before they tore into the presents. I don't know if we will be that lucky next year. I have to say that our kids are so spoiled by people who love them. I can not thank everyone enough. We have still been playing with Christmas presents on a daily basis. Pumpkin loved this puppet. She loves to put on any type of show for us: dancing, puppet, singing, etc. and this bunny was a great addition!

Okay, he is so my boy! In the middle of opening presents he took one of his new books and decided to "read". He just sat there and did this for a few minutes until he was "done" with the book. He is a kid after my heart with books! He will sit still for me for at least half an hour to let me read to him. Usually it is me who has to say we are all done reading! I love it :)
We of course had to head out after eating to try out the new bikes. Pumpkins new one is MUCH heavier than her old one. It took her a few tumbles to get the hang of it. After Christmas Day, she has been able to get on and off without issue. Not too many tumbles. But....that is why we had her ride on the grass the first few days. It is much more forgiving than the sidewalk/street! :)
Critter hopped right on and started to ride! I was so surprised. Pumpkin got her first bike from Santa when she was 3 and we had to teach her what to do. It took her a few times riding before getting the hang of it. Not this boy! The only thing we have issues with are turning around on the sidewalk. When we play outside I let him go from our house to next door then turn around. I am still amazed though at how quick he picked it up!
At the end of the day, I realized I had no pictures of me with the kids. This was after everyone left and it was just the 4 of us. Luckily for Critter Sta.r Wa.rs was on. No, he does not watch all of it just the not violent parts. He has developed such a love of superheros and Sta.r Wa.rs, it is pretty cute!

It was such a nice relaxing day. I am glad I planned an easy menu and that my mom was here to help me out. I did not want to touch food or cook, not knowing what was going on with my stomach. It was hard for me to let go, but nice to know there were so many who could help. Everyone seemed to have a great day, especially the kids. That is what the day is about: family and laughter. That is exactly what we had!

No comments: