Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Randomness...

Just a bunch of random moments of our family....
For his birthday, we got Critter a big boy bed! Yes, this big boy had been in a crib until he was 3. It really did look comical. He just did not try to get out and was fairly happy. He was SO excited when he got this bed.
He just looks so small in it! We decided to go ahead and get him a bigger bed, since he most likely will not be the smallest of boys. It has been a little bit of a challenge setting up his room, but we are making it work. He cool thing is that he will still (after a month) wait in bed and call for me to "get him out". Yeah! :)

Something about these pictures was just so sweet. We had a nice dinner one night and I had my camera nearby. I think these are some of my favorite pictures of the year....



I will ALWAYS cherish this picture. There is something so sweet about Pumpkin and Hubby.

Me and my silly boy! I have been trying harder to hand Hubby the camera (or let him take it from me) to get pictures of me and the kids. I have a hard time handing it over though :) But...images like this make it worth it :)

I am so not sure what he was doing in this picture. I think I was trying to get him close to me and told him to put his cheek next to mine. This is what we got. :)


These simple moments are what this next year are about for me. Life can get so crazy sometimes. We can get so caught up in work, school, activities, and just stuff. It is these simple moments of playing and just being together which make it all worth it. My goal for this next year is to remember what these simple moments mean to me and my family. If we lose sight of what is important, why are we doing everything else. We will continue to be crazy busy. We will continue to work hard to provide what we need and want for this family. But....the small simple moments are what lasts.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

looks like it has been busy days for you guys......a whirlwind here too....everyone has been sick with something or another...cassie was sick all Christmas day too! sweet photos of all your goings on....hope you have a great New Year!!!
hugs,
kimberly