Monday, May 17, 2010

Yes, again...

Well, it was about time again to make a trip to one of our "favorite" places! Yep, you guessed it...the ER! It had been 7 months since Critter had been and almost 6 months since our family had been there...I guessed we missed the place. We were all playing last night, the kids jumping on Hubby and I...just goofing off and having fun. That is until I heard the SMACK of Critter's head hitting his little rocking chair after he jumped on a pillow. I immediately looked at Hubby and said you need to get him because that was not a good sound.
Off we went to the ER! This one is about an inch above his last one. However, this one needed 2 interior stitches and a long exterior one to help with scarring. He also got the fun glue again! At least that part I was sort of used to. He got to get an anesthesia in his nose so no IV needed. It made him SO loopy. I did feel sort of bad laughing at him before his stitches, but it was hard not to.
He was such a good kid during it. They had to wrap him up like a burrito and cover his head with a towel and half of his face. He kept looking at the amazing tech who was holding his head. She just kept talking to him about superheros, cars, trains and everything she could think of. I was holding Pumpkin trying to distract her. Critter barely even cried...it was amazing




So...that is our latest adventure :) I don't know if this is part of being a mother to a boy or just a mother to a klutz! Either way, I would really like these trips to stop. I do love my kids, but would have much more fun with them on adventures which do not require stitches :)

1 comment:

kimberly said...

so glad he does so well! i don't think it's boys or being a klutz...i do think it is just part of the journey!!! :-)...we have been there more times than i cared to also....it actually is amazing that it doesn't happen MORE! :-) he is a brave boy and that part is awesome!
hugs,
kimberly