Monday, May 31, 2010

Life is never how I expect...

I had such high hopes for the beginning of this summer. I had the intention of posting everyday until Pumpkin started Kindergarten. I had all these day trips and activities planned. yes, I realize it has only been a week and a half, but that is a long time in my life! :) Life has not gone as planned, which is never an easy thing for me! Critter started by getting the stomach bug going around. He was finally better and I was not feeling that great. Not the stomach bug, but not myself. Luckily hubby was home yesterday to help with the kids, because I completely crashed from exhaustion. I think too many months of not stopping made my body shut down. Then....Pumpkin got a different version of the stomach bug yesterday. We had made plans to head up North today to visit family for a day trip. But...just the boys went and I got to stay home with my girl. She is almost back to normal, but man it has been an interesting couple of weeks around here!
Hopefully we are on the mend around here and will start to all the fun things I have in my head. This time I will not go, go, go everyday all day....that is too much!
I could not help myself with this picture. If Hubby gives Critter a bath, the towel has to go on like Daddy's. Critter is then so proud he will run around the house until it falls off! He is getting to be my big man. He is getting a stronger opinion on the world, yet still has that smile and dimple that melt my heart.
His head "glue" finally came off last night! Yeah! The scar looks great! It is much smaller than the last one was at this point. Plus, it is so close to his hair line that it will be even harder to see. He is getting so grown up looking. I know my little boy is still there and needs me, but it is harder to see each day.

I could not leave my Pumpkin out of this post. This was a picture I took of her before she went to graduation. She was rather excited to wear her Easter Dress again, as were quite a few other girls in her class. That is also the new dress we got her for her bear for a graduation present. She is extremely taken with the notion of saving up money to buy "Sara" things. Now, we just have to teach her not to spend all her money! It has been so nice to just hang out with my girl today. Even though she feels a little bit under the weather, it has been nice. We have watched movies, colored, talked, read books, and just spent nice time together. I guess I will take a little exhaustion and stomach issues every once in awhile if it means I can spend great time with my girl!

So...here is to hoping the rest of our summer is filled with more fun and less ickiness! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

hope everyone heals up soon and that you get to do all of those well planned exciting things! :) cute pictures!! they just grow so incredibly fast.....

kimberly said...

yes the icky stuff has been going around here and there too....such cute photos....and hoping all are on the mend and fun times around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Awe! I've been meaning to comment on this for a while now...hopefully everyone is feeling better and back to their old selves by now...especially you mama! I'm sorry I missed you this weekend..I had to work (all day) at SB..such a bummer since I would have SO rather been chatting and munchin on yummy cookies w/ you! lol! Hope the party was fun! We still need to get together soon..call or I'll call you (texts still not coming through?! ugh!) I miss you..can't wait to talk soon!