Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

We hope you had a wonderfully fun, safe and spooky Halloween! We sure had a busy day around here. In the morning we went to the park and hung out with my MOMS club friends. After both kids then took long naps, baths and had a healthy dinner, we went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. We only hit a few houses because most were not even handing out candy! Times have changed since I was growing up. Anyway, getting off track....we then went over to our good friend's moms house for a little party. A huge thank you to them for having us be the tag-along part of the family! It made the night much more fun for us. This was the first year since Pumpkin was born that Hubby had to work on Halloween. I made sure I got the kids dressed before he left for work, so at least he could see them. By being able to hang out with our extended family :) it made the night a little less gloomy for me!
Pumpkin chose her costume again this year. It was funny, she talked about being either Belle or Sleeping Beauty for DAYS before going to the store. When we got there, immediately she said she wanted Minnie Mouse. Now, as the practical mother, I questioned her for 15 minutes before I purchased it. She was quite funny though. She kept telling me "I know I said I wanted Belle or Aurora, but I changed my mind. It is okay to change my mind. I want Minnie Mouse". I just love conversations with her. Now, I had two costumes for Critter. I really wanted him to wear Pumpkins first real costume, which was Tigger. I tried it on him a month ago, and it was a tight fit. The way that kid grows I had no idea if it would fit for Halloween, so I got a back up costume of a cow. They both ended up fitting. So...he got to wear Tigger to the park and the Cow for trick-or-treating. Amazingly enough he did not mind the hood at all.
It was a great night. They both had a blast with all their friends. Thank you to all who made our day such a fun time!
He was loving the swing, especially with Pumpkin pushing!
Minnie at the park

I know I am biased, but I think he is the cutest little boy Tigger (I can't say cutest kid as Tigger because Pumpkin was the cutest little girl Tigger!)
I am still in shock that I got them both to sit, smile and look at me near their pumpkins.
My girl was still shy this year. I got her to say thank you at every house, just not trick-or-treat. Maybe next year!
My cute cow!
Yes, my friends got ME to dress up. I would not do this for anyone you know! Also, yes I know it is not my team. I did not have a jersey for the Cubs or Red Sox, don't yell at me family! This jersey was actually Hubby's from when he was about 7. I can not believe it fit me!

Can you tell by the glazed over look that it was about 2 hours PAST bedtime! She loved every part of this costume so much that she wanted to sleep in it. I did not think sleeping in tights was that smart of an idea though. I know...mean mommy!
It was about 3 hours past little guy's bedtime too. Yet, he was still having fun! Man both kids slept great last night. I wish that happened every night. As I say that, Pumpkin is still awake, wondering what I am doing even though I put her to bed over an hour ago. Gotta love the day after a fun one!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Love love that she changed her mind to Minnie. So sweet she looks. Makes me want to go to Disneyland :o) Glad you guys had fun!