Saturday, July 26, 2008

Interesting Week

Sorry for the lack of posts this past week. I have had SO much to say, yet no time to be able to do it. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and the lovely party last weekend. I know I was not completely with it since the kids were sick, but I really appreciate all the hard work, love and time it took to do it for me. I was VERY humbled by everything. The kids are doing better, finally. We took them both back to the doctor last Monday. Pumpkin ended up getting an X-Ray of her lungs and turns out she had/has pneumonia. At least there was a reason she wanted to miss a party and sleep in Aunt B's bed! Critter was having some wheezing problems so has been on breathing treatments for the week. They are both "almost" back to normal. I never thought I would be so happy to have the strong willed, not listening, independent child back in action! :) Then of course, I ended up getting their lovely cold since I was taking care of them! The joys of parenthood. It was finally on Thursday that I could begin to get back to normal. It is funny how things pile up when you don't do them! :) At least it was finally obvious to me how much I actually do in a day, that is when I don't do it! I just wish it was cooler so I could open up the house and air it out. Gotta love the hot, hot summers.
The other reason for the lack of posts/pictures is I got a really awesome birthday present from Hubby. He got me a laptop! I am so excited. We have not hooked up the internet to it yet. So, for now I am downloading pictures onto it, trying to figure out my new photo program, and then transfering a handful of pictures to our regular computer. Considering that takes a little bit of time, I have not had a chance to do it much. I have some great pictures I will try to get up in the next few days though. Critter is now pulling himself up to standing. Yes, the child that likes to crawl backwards is pulling himself up! Once he is standing, he is trying to "walk". It is cute. If I can get video of it, I will post that as well. I think now that life is finally starting to normalize I will get a lot more done. At least that is what I am telling myself. So, thanks for your patience. We are still here and getting back to regular life. We are just getting there at a turtles pace :)

No comments: