Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gymnastics Class...

It has taken us years since our favorite kid gym/play place closed to find a gym where we felt comfortable. We finally found this place and signed Critter up for a class back in February. He LOVES this place. He loves his class and he loves going to open gym. He has learned so much and I am amazed at how strong he is!


The kids were super excited to show off to my cousin when he was here. I had been meaning to take my camera with me to Critter's class and my cousin was a good reminder to do that!

He can hold himself in the pull up position by himself! I know I can not do that :)
They were helping him do flips on the bars this day. Since he can hold himself up, they don't want him getting bored.



I always knew he had a hard head....since bonks it so much! He loves to get himself into the headstand position, by himself! He is in the back of the picture with his feet up on the red mat. This class has been so great for him. It is great practice for preschool, since I get to sit inside and watch him do class by himself. He just loves it!

So, we decided to do the "mean parent" thing and force Pumpkin to take gymnastics. She needed to get into something physical and this seemed like a great place for her. She LOVES doing all the fun stuff at open gym, but was intimidated by class. We told her she would do a minimum of 8 weeks and if she left her first class happy then she could get a gymnastics outfit. She of course left happy :) She is in the pink top and purple shorts!




She has always loved bouncing! I can tell you she is much more flexible than her momma! :)

I could not BELIEVE how high she climbed on that rope! This was only her 3rd class and she was doing great. She is probably over 6 1/2 feet high at her feet there! CRAZY!



This has been such a great experience for me and the kids. I love seeing them active and having fun. It is so important to us that they have a few fun activities to do while being healthy. I can tell you the kids sleep good at night after class....just another bonus for me! Plus, Pumpkin has not asked yet when her 8 weeks is up....so she will keep doing it awhile longer. She is catching on really quick. The test will be next week after the 2nd day of school. We will get home from school, change, get a quick snack and rush off to class....wish me luck on that one! :)

No comments: