Monday, July 11, 2011

A fabulous 4th weekend...

Once again this year, the kids and I went up to my parent's house for the 4th of July. Since Hubby always works the 4th, it is nice to get out of the house. Plus, it is fun since we can see the fireworks from my the front yard!

Watermelon always tastes better...outside! :)


This picture of Critter just cracks me up! He was in the middle of telling a story. I knew he took after me and talked with his hands...I just did not realize how much! I don't remember what the story was about, just that it was really important right at that moment :)


Did you know that the best way to wear a necklace is on your head? Pumpkin found this necklace and wore it on her head the rest of the weekend!


I forgot how much fun the glow bracelets can be! My mom gave the kids some so they could be entertained before the 9:30 fireworks. Of course since I had my camera that mean some fun pictures!


I never know how the kids will react to the fireworks. In all years past at least one of them have gotten scared of the noise. That is also part of the reason my parents house is good....we can just go inside if they freak out! But, this year they both seemed to enjoy it. My parent's community does a really awesome fireworks show. It lasts about 15-20 minutes and is quite impressive for a small community.


The best part was at the end though. We had been prepping the kids all day that the fireworks would make noise, but that the noise could not hurt them. Figured it was better to be prepared! At the end, Critter looks at my mom and says "Wow, I just thought there would be noise, not all that". The poor kid did not remember there were things to look at with fireworks, yet he was willing to sit there anyway!


I LOVE taking fireworks pictures! To me, it is a challenge and rewarding. There is something magical about watching this beautiful show. Plus, I love seeing the kids faces as they watch them and then see the pictures. It is almost like I can see the joy again and again in their faces!



Critter LOVES books! He will sit and look at books for a long time! If he is in a reading mood, we usually have to tell him we are done reading before he is! I love this about him since I am so happy when I have a book in my hand. One of his favorite spots is to grab a book and go to this corner and "read".


I got my love of reading from my parents...so I love that this picture captures both my dad and Critter reading before going swimming!



It was a really fun weekend. I am glad I got to relax a touch, since my cousin came to visit on the 3rd. The fireworks and activities were on the 2nd at my parents house. We pretty much did not stop when my cousin came. More pictures to come on that! It is so nice that the kids have both sets of grandparents so close so they can spend time with them. These are memories that will last a lifetime for them!

1 comment:

Brittni said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I love the firework pictures. We missed a big show this year but it works out best for us when clay is in bed! :) heehee