Sunday, October 31, 2010

Struggling with Six!

My baby is six. The little girl who made me a momma came into this world six years ago (and a week). For some reason, this year more than most I am struggling with her getting older. That is the reason these pictures have been sitting here on this computer for a week now and i have not posted on her birthday. She is getting older....she can do so many things on her own....she is coming more into her own personality....she is my Pumpkin.
My Dearest Daughter,
You are now six years old. You have grown up into a beautiful, amazing, smart girl. You have a fierce determination in this world. Once you let someone into your heart, you love them to the core. You care so much for the friends and family you have. You want to protect them from any harm or insult. This year you started Kindergarten. You have had some struggles with kids not being nice to you and those around you. Daddy and I have tried to shield you from that for your life, but can not anymore. You are excelling in all you are doing in school. You LOVE science and music, but you don't realize you love science you just know the stuff you like. You finally got your wish of getting your ears pierced. I have been telling you that you needed to stop sucking your thumb in order to get that done, but we caved for your birthday. Not too sure what the next bribe will be to get you to stop the thumb sucking....
I am so proud of who you are my dear daughter. We have had a lot of moments lately where we butt heads, but that will continue for our lives together. I hope you grow up knowing that I love you. I may not agree with you or do as you wish, but I love you. If I am wrong about something, I will admit it. If I do something to offend you, I will say I am sorry. You will not always like me, but that means I am doing my job. I love you my dear daughter...Happy Birthday...
Pumpkin got to spend her actual birthday morning at the baptism of one of her favorite little boys! :) Our dear friends made sure there was a cupcake there for her so she could blow out candles. It was a really sweet morning. Then....we get home to this! The house was covered in balloons for her :) She loved it. The balloons lasted over a week and were lovely in her room after we took them inside. It was a very special thing for her.
What is better on a birthday than a birthday donut! We stopped at a donut place on the way home and had donuts at night for her bday!

I look at these pictures of her, and I wonder where my baby went. She has grown into such a beautiful person. It was so much fun taking her pictures this year. She picked out her outfit, how she wanted her hair, and where her pictures would be. It was a lot of fun.




Our girl at her bday party. We are flipping bday parties starting this year. Pumpkin had a small family only party and Critter will get a big one. Next year, they will flip that. It was really nice to plan for just the grandparents. She picked everything for the day. She wanted sausage, peppers, pasta for lunch and lemon cake for dessert. Let's just say the grandfather's were quite happy with the dinner menu! :) It was a really nice day and she had a great time.

I can't wait to see what excitement and adventure this next year holds! ;)

No comments: