Monday, February 15, 2010

What we have been up to...

We are done! Not just with sanity...but with the house project. We are still living in a little bit of chaos...but the floors are done! Can I tell you how excited I am about this. We finally moved our couches back into the house after almost 6 weeks today! It was lovely to sit and relax with the kids. So...here we go on a virtual tour :)
When I say we were living in chaos...I truly meant it! This above picture is during the floor installation. Now...I should have realized it but did not. When replacing ALL the floors in a home...you have to move ALL the furniture and stuff in the home. Well, it has to go somewhere! So..our living room ended up being the storage area when it was not having floor put in. I am truly surprised I have not had to start dying my hair :)












The view from walking in the door...the fireplace is a HUGE change!




The lovely view into the kids bathroom...before, during and then after.
Across the house. I did not remember until looking at these pictures today how much I detested the old floors. They might not look bad in the pictures...but I really hated them! Plus, the carpet was this funky shape and the kids and cats had destroyed it!
Looking towards the master bedroom, before and after.



The view into the kitchen before and after. It is a little hard to see the kitchen tile, but MUCH nicer than before!


The hallway between the kids room, before and after...

Pumpkins room, before and after. Yes, we got her closet back in. I just did not take another picture!






Critters room, before and after. Plus a picture of his actual closet. We had this closet built this past July with out construction then. We finally got the actual hanging closet in there last week! Can I tell you how excited I am to organize his clothes...it was fun! :)

So...we are not in the final stages of organizing the house. We of course can not make it easy. We are going through everything as we bring it back in to see if we need it and then clean it. It takes longer this way...but it makes sense. I figure we have lived without some of this stuff for almost 6 weeks, some of it can just go away. It is an easy way to make us simplify things :) So...we are just going to relax for awhile as a family and enjoy this awesome house. It feels like home again. The kids are having fun and I am enjoying our "home". Thank you to you all for being such awesome friends throughout this. I know I have done a bit of complaining. I appreciate you listening and supporting me!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

WOW!! Your home looks great! Love it all~ good work. I love home projects :o)

Brittni said...

Looks great!!! How exciting!!!I am so glad things are finishing up and you are able to put things back in order! Good for the soul!!!!

Jamie said...

it's beautiful! isn't it amazing at how open your home feels having 1 main flooring throughout?? i love it!! ) great job!! you'll have to have us all over for a post remodeling party! :)

kimberly said...

looks wonderful....worth all the hassle i am sure.....i can't wait till my floors go in.....i don't like chaos either...but i have waited soooooooooo long for this that i am just going to "enjoy" it! :-)